Whitehall Resources Ltd
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Architect/Engineer
Whitehall Resources are currently recruiting for a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Architect/Engineer to join our client working onsite in London with some remote work
Overview or role:
As part of a global transformation and investment into Technology, Operations and Product, our client is looking to recruit a Digital Workspace VDI Architect. Our client has a major technology programme underway where they will be replacing all core systems and transforming their ways of working, including increased automation and moving to a more product oriented business. Designing and delivering a modern digital workspace is a key component of providing their colleagues with the digital tools they need to support the future growth of the business. As part of the clients Technology Division, this position will form part of a project group to deliver VDI Services using Microsoft 365 and AVD.
The Candidate will be involved in delivering and supporting a technical solution for VDI technology and requires someone who has expertise in setting up, configuring, deploying and support VDI throughout the enterprise
The role is geared towards a technical individual and the ideal candidate will have experience delivering VDI services in a Global organisation. As part of the Technology Services team, the person will need be able to navigate a complex, relationship driven, environment that is undergoing a period of transformation. The person will need to manage uncertainty and constant change/uncertainty until the structure of the standalone business is fully established.
– The VDI Architect will be responsible for the development and implementation of operational procedures and standards, developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures for VDI Environment.
– User requirements assessment and modelling
– Application deployment and virtualization
– Identify the sequencing, prioritization, and technical steps required for a large-scale VDI implementation
– Designing our Cloud VDI solution with security and cost control.
– Stay current on trends and best practices, work with partners to understand optimizations and feature releases that can benefit the environment.
– Provide knowledge transfer to engineers and training to users as required as part of deployment.
– An advanced professional but hands on work designing a vision for VDI Services in conjunction with our strategic outsource provider, partners under the guidance of the authoritative expert Product Manager (line manager)
– Understanding colleague needs and providing the best solution to support their day-to-day activities
– Collaborate with other product teams to build the best product and service to drive adoption and improve colleague experience
– Promote innovation and provide solutions that offer the best value for money. Solving non-routine, complex problems that requires integration of knowledge, with industry standards and functional priority
– Identify solution design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
– Microsoft AAD/O365/AVD/Windows 365
– User experience monitoring
– Windows 11
– Experience of Agile Working and ITIL
– Experience of producing solution designs and documentation suitable for operational hand over
– Ability to forge relationships in a constructive and supportive manner
– Embraces the development and fulfilment of overall client strategy and actively supports and contributes to it.
– Manages shorter term requirements within the context of longer-term strategic thinking
– Understands associated risks and implications, exercises good judgement and confidence in taking action. Wins support for decisions
– Leads by example; personable, credible, honest and well respected. Unlocks potential and inspires commitment
– Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and delivery focus
– Understands the bigger picture and can solve big problems creatively
– Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on active listening and able to explain technical information simply and clearly to key business stakeholders
– Embraces a culture of diversity & inclusion, striving to build a world class global team
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Whitehall Resources are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.