Job Description (Posting)
Title of role – AWS Solution Architect.
Location – Anywhere in UK.
Employment Type – Permanent.
Experience level needed – At least 5years as AWS Solution Architect and At least 15years of total IT experience.
Expected Start Date – Immediate – 1 month.
Technology Needed: DevOps + AWS Solution Architect
• AWS Certified DevOps Professional.
• AWS Certified developer/Architect associate.
• AWS Specialty Certification – Networking or Security (Either 1 will do) – Preferred
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Understand customer’s IT estate, LOB applications, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and cloud native solutions.
• Collaborate with network, security, and application architects and SMEs to develop enterprise grade solutions.
• Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers.
• Define long term cloud strategy and mentor operations teams to implement the solutions.
• Automate solutions for repeatable problems.
• Work with clients to transform manual processes and deployments into DevOps automated pipelines using AWS native services.
• Develop test plan and test cases to demonstrate application/database readiness post migration.
• Work closely with application teams to ensure business functionality and SLAs are met.
• Consult for optimal design of database environments, analysing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
• Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
• Keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights and maintain technical skills and knowledge.
• Advocate new features and solutions to bring operational efficiency and cost reduction.
• Key focus on Infrastructure as code (IaC) and automation
• Act as a subject-matter expert on AWS and assist Sales/Pre-Sales in RFP activities.
• Subject matter level expertise on AWS Governance & Cost Management, AWS Network & Security, AWS Compute (EC2) & Storage, Backup & DR, Monitoring
• Experience in any one programming languages like Python, Node.js etc.
• Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g., shell, PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation etc)
• CloudFormation deep expertise (cfn hup, cfn init, custom resources, stack sets etc.)
• Strong hands-on experience on CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Team city etc.
• Configuration management using Ansible and/or Chef/Puppet.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Rich experience in Migration projects and good knowledge of migration tools
• Implementing experience with primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, ECS, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Route53 & S3)
• Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale.
• Experience in Kubernetes and docker administration (EKS and ECS).
• Experience in working with AWS CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts.
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers)
No. of Positions
CFS-Cloud Native-Dev Ops
Business Line FT
Auto req ID
Expected Date of Closure
Reporting Manager Designation