Are you a Software engineer with a passion for revolutionizing a business? Are you an expert programmer in Java 11? Do you have a track record in collaborating with other engineering teams on best practice? If you answer is yes to these questions, then we may have the role for you.
The Senior Full Stack Developer is responsible for building a Data Integration Platform to support Engineering Teams across the bank to deliver value and Revolutionize Data Integration. In this role you will interact closely with Software Engineers across other domains/ Data Engineers and our Operational Teams (IT Ops, Cloud Ops. APP Ops etc.).
Most of our jobs offer the opportunity for hybrid / remote working. Ask your recruiter for more details.
So what would you be doing?…
• Write clean and performant code in an Agile Environment Develop and maintain reusable modules for re-use
• Collaborate with engineering teams on best-practices and implementation
• Design and Implement Features for the Data Integration Platform
• Review Code and provide guidance on design patterns
• Collaborate with Engineering to identify root-cause and remediate issues in production
• Design & Build Infrastructure that support the strategic vision for CI/CD, BDD and TDD testing
• Build Engineering Tooling to streamline workflows for Data Integration and Testing
• Take initiative to improve workflow for colleagues and improve quality
You need to be this kind of person
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And… we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Proven experience with Confluent Platform
• Experience with Apache Kafka and writing Stream Processing Applications
• Strong knowledge of Apache Avro and Data Schemas
• Experience with full software development lifecycle
• Strong understanding of Microservices and SOLID principles
• Excellent programming skills in Java 11
• Experience with Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Cloud)
• Cloud experience (AWS preferable)
• Experience working in DevOps culture
• Experience building CI/CD pipelines, build and deployment automation
• Strong communication skills and good work ethics
• TDD and BDD practices in an Agile (Scrum) work environment
• Experience with Distributed Systems
Important Footnote Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that normal office hours aren t always doable, and while we can t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren t sure if you are 100% there yet why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!