City Of Westminster, London
Salary 70,000 – 100,000 GBP per year
– – You re product focused: what you ultimately care about are customer and product outcomes
– You’re collaborative: you like working with other engineers and domain experts
– You re curious: you ask “why” a lot, and will never do something “just because”
– You re outspoken about your opinions and like to move fast
– You re comfortable with ambiguity and things changing on a regular basis. Iteration happens a lot at this stage in a product s development
– – End-to-end delivery. For us, “building” happens from conception to the delivery of the feature to our customer, and often includes ownership of that feature after launch. We love people who like to be owners!
– Partner with a product manager to build new products and services from scratch, as well as iterating on existing products
– Solve exciting technical problems
– Improve our engineering standards and processes
Bound s mission is to make it effortless for businesses to deal with currency risk. Currency risk is when a business earns revenue in one currency and has costs in another. When a business has currency risk, it can lose money when exchange rates move around. Millions of businesses globally face currency risk every day. 96% of the FTSE 500 have hedging programmes in place to mitigate their foreign currency risk, while only 4% of SMEs in the UK do the same.
We re looking to help the rest of those 96% of SMEs.
We are an enthusiastic team and have raised a +$17mm seed in 2021 from investors behind companies like Wise (formerly TransferWise), Klarna, N26, Stash, Xero.
We re looking for a Sr. Frontend Engineer to join our team at Bound. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in joining an early stage startup, or for engineers who love working on greenfield projects. As one of the first 10 engineers on the team, you ll have the chance to have a huge impact on the product, the engineering culture and the entire company as we grow!
The role is fully remote, with the option of doing in-person in our office in Soho, London or Sofia, Bulgaria. Compensation is between 70,000 GBP and 100,000 GBP plus equity.
Our Stack at Bound
We work with TypeScript and React. However, languages and libraries can be learned – what is important to us is that you have strong software engineering fundamentals, the right mindset and are proactive in trying to become better at your job.
Frontend: TypeScript, React, Vite, react-router, styled-components, react-query, Formik, Cypress
Backend: Java & Kotlin, Postgres, RESTful and event-driven microservices, hosted on AWS
Our Interview Process
We re pretty flexible with our interview process, so we re happy to have some of these interviews back-to-back if it suits you. Just ask!
1. Quick thirty minute call with our recruiting team.
2. 60 minute call with the hiring manager to dig into the job s responsibilities as well as your experience.
3. For tech roles:
Your option of a take-home task or a live-coding session with focus on real-world problems – we do not like synthetic algorithms or data-structure focused interviews. The code should be in Java or Kotlin. If you don t have much experience with Java/Kotlin, we can be flexible.
For business roles:
Business case interview.
4. Meet with Dan or Seth, one of the co-founders of Bound! Use this as your time to ask us questions about the business, or what it might be like to work at Bound!
5. We make you an offer!