City Of Westminster, London
Amazon seeks a Tax Product Manager to be a key member of our Global Tax Calculation Services Program. The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global tax engine solutions (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes) to Amazon and thousands of other merchants selling on Amazon marketplaces and other e-commerce platforms.
Key job responsibilities
This position is focused primarily on supporting Amazon Business projects and operations but there will be opportunities for broader exposure to other aspects of the Global Tax Calculation Services Program. Responsibilities at L5 grade include:
1) Drive testing improvements and efficiencies to ensure that projects/processes conform to the business and tax requirements;
2) Resolve customer and Selling Partner tax escalations that originate from AB Customer Service, Seller Support or other teams;
3) Drive root cause analysis of top level escalations, primarily focused on AB queries (invoicing, calculation);
4) Identify, drive and document process improvements for customer/Selling Partner facing issues in cooperation with senior management, our development teams, operations, customer service and product management;
5) Involvement in general indirect tax issues such as research related to tax calculation and compliance, tax collection responsibilities, and other advanced e-commerce topics.
A day in the life
– Will sometimes act as a single point-of-contact or key stakeholder for projects throughout their lifecycle – from design through delivery – with an emphasis on testing to ensure that projects conform to the business requirements and rules. May also act as an active participate in larger initiatives alongside a Product Manager;
– Must actively partner with some cross functional teams across nearly all of Amazon, making appropriate trade-offs without risking tax compliance and ensuring the right scalable solution launches;
– Will prepare basic Tax Engine documentation under supervision;
– Will configure and maintain Amazon’s transaction tax calculation software and rule files, research transaction tax laws, create and maintain tax rules within the tax engine software;
– Will be involved in general VAT issues related to compliance, tax collection responsibilities, and other advanced e-commerce topics.
– Will support design and implementation efforts between teams across Amazon, making appropriate trade-offs without risking tax compliance and ensuring the right scalable solution is launched.
About the team
The Tax Engine Business Team’s mission is to ensure Amazon possesses the appropriate technology and processes for precise tax calculation and collection in a constantly evolving business and tax landscape. Additionally, it aims to facilitate ongoing business growth and innovation by delivering exceptional services to millions of customers and sellers worldwide.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS – BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
– 3+ years of years of state and local indirect-tax or VAT/GST experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -Experience maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation software (e.g. Vertex).
-Experience working in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department. Ability to research indirect tax issues including taxability of products and services.
-Excellent oral and written communication skills. -Strong analytical skills.
-Bias for action and ability to prioritize. -Comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
-A team oriented, customer-centric attitude. -Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities
-Highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented.
-The ability to conceptualize and manage multiple deliverables.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice () to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial (tel:). If calling from Ireland, please dial (tel:).