LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
– 12 month initial contract
– DV Clearance required
– 3 days per week on site + 2 days per week remote working
– Office choice of Cheltenham or London
– Inside IR35
As a Planner you will have the opportunity to make a tangible, sustainable and hugely beneficial impact, supporting projects across their entire life cycle. Providing key control and governance expertise. Your primary focus would include the facilitation of planning workshops, schedule analysis, and maintenance on behalf of the schedule owner. At Programme level, the Planner will provide quality assurance across the delivery environment in line with the chosen methodology as well as the approved planning processes and procedures.
A working knowledge and demonstrable experience in all or some of the following areas:
* Project planning, scheduling, and monitoring experience using Primavera P6 at advanced level (formal and/or comparable experience)
* Teamwork – ability to work cooperatively with others and provide coaching where needed
* Excellent communication skills – develop strong and efficient communication channels with stakeholders and project teams.
* Ability to adapt approach to individual situations and remain calm under pressure.
* Customer Service – deliver a high level of customer service to external and internal customers.
* Flexibility – Understand the needs and constraints of projects and be willing to flex around these to ensure success.
* A motivated individual who looks to exceed expectations and overcome challenges.
* Demonstrate the ability to analyse information, breakdown large pieces of work into key tasks and activities to drive the planning process.
* Advise and support on planning best practice.
* Create, review, analyse, assure, and maintain Portfolio/Programme/Project schedules.
* Identify and maintain dependencies across the delivery environment
* Input to and review of management products.
* Co-ordinate the schedule update process.
* Lead and facilitate planning workshops and relevant training sessions.
* Proactively identify and progress opportunities to add value to strategic and tactical decision making.
* Demonstrate an understanding of traditional and agile methodologies to advise on most appropriate planning practices.
* Where necessary, support resource planning and utilisation analysis
* Knowledge of NEC4 forms of contract management would be advantageous.
* Ability to create/update project plans, schedules & costs using Primavera P6.
* Ability to utilise earned value analysis to determine project performance
* Manage stakeholders and relationships.
* Generate reports on project performance and circulate to stakeholders
* Ability to incorporate supplier plans or programmes to the master schedule and apply the planning governance or rules within the master schedule.
To be considered, please send through an updated CV.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 18 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.