Are you a specialist in the world of Credit Risk analytics? Can you use programming tools and techniques to analyse data? Do you have understanding of data governance and controls? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Lead Credit Risk Analyst – Data & Reporting, you will use your expertise to develop new and innovative analytical techniques to support the Credit Risk Analytics team, which is part of the wider Credit Risk Team.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working.
So what would you be doing?…
• Analysing, reconciling and validating credit risk data
• Performing data quality assessment and root cause analysis on risk data using SAS/SQL and Excel
• Providing analytical insights and recommendations to the Data and System committee
• Supporting the creation of monitoring packs for all Credit Risk committees
• Maintaining credit risk data items used for risk reporting, modelling & validation
• Supporting the implementation of new models and credit risk processes and systems
You need to be this kind of person
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And… we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• To exceed in this role, you must have extensive experience in programming techniques using SAS, SQL and Excel
• In order to hit the ground running you will have knowledge of data governance and risk & control assessment
• Naturally, you will have the ability to analyse, extract and manipulate data with in Credit Risk function
Important Footnote Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that normal office hours aren t always doable, and while we can t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren t sure if you are 100% there yet why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!