Salary 75,000 – 85,000 GBP per year
– • You will currently be working as an Infrastructure Specialist, Engineer or Consultant
• You will have Linux installation administration experience along with configuration and package management
• To be amazing in this role, we need you to have excellent and good understanding Apache, JBoss, Oracle & SQL as well as strong troubleshooting skills and be able to Bash script
• We need you to have in-depth knowledge across IT infrastructure
• You will have a thorough understanding of datacentre infrastructure and its components
– • Developing internal roadmaps to meet short, medium and long term strategies
• Providing advice to colleagues on the best ways to install new technologies to our infrastructure
• Leading on the implementation of new infrastructure and software products
• Making sure current infrastructure is matched against requirements and meets our standards
• Building resilience within the infrastructure to avoid defects
• Producing detailed technical documentation
• Delivering key projects to help us improve our capabilities to create fans
• Documenting procedures and making sure current procedures are up to date
• Leading on the monitoring and troubleshooting of our Operating Systems
• Supporting your team with bump ups
Can you support change within a revolutionary Bank? Are you a fan of Linux technologies? Do you love delving into the detail and solving complex challenges? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As an Infrastructure Specialist, you will build and improve our IT infrastructure, to grow our capabilities with Linux, Windows and network technologies. You will be part of our IT Infrastructure Team, who are responsible for all production/non-production development and testing systems to support change within Metro Bank. You will play an important role in orchestrating how we implement new technologies into our current IT infrastructure and making sure we are always able to provide unparalleled levels of service to our fans.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working.
You need to be this kind of person
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we wonder what might be the issue if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.