Job Description Enterprise Solutions Architect
CGI is a leading provider of ground segment software for space missions. We support some of the most advanced satellite systems in the world, designing and supporting ground segment command and data processing systems, as well as network architecture. This is an opportunity to join a growing team supporting the development of operational mission-critical systems.
We are looking for an enterprise architect to support software solutions developed with our customers. We have opportunities to support both satellite communications and Earth Observation systems. You will be joining an existing architecture team as a senior member and will work across projects with existing clients as well as responding to RFPs with potential new clients. The ideal candidate will have existing experience in Space, Satellite Communications and/or Telecommunications. CGI also offers an extensive range of training and on-the-job support to help members to develop their domain expertise.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Enterprise Solutions Architect is responsible for defining and controlling the solution and system architecture (including models, decisions, validation, evolution, and delivery support), working with the customer and any subcontractors to identify, trade-off and design the overall architecture. Architects assist with the overall strategy and business chase activities, working with multiple stakeholders. As well as developing the overall architecture the Enterprise Solutions Architect will also create high level artefacts to be delivered to the customer.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
– At least 5 years of recent Software Solutions Architecture.
– Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a solution, taking into account strategic and tactical aspects.
– Track record in designing high level architectures using standardized approaches and tools, requirements management and Technical Specifications, and then translating these into detailed designs.
– Track record of the development and testing lifecycle.
– Ability to lead others in technical work.
– Proven experience interacting with external stakeholders to derive successful solutions. Good communicator for customer and subcontractor contact.
– Good planning skills, and able to manage concurrent activities against external dependencies.
– Demonstrates a good understanding of cyber-security practices.
– Track record in at least one of Satellite Communications or Telecommunications OSS/BSS
– Track record of using reference models and developing to stringent standards (Space, Telecommunications, Defence standards etc)
– Track record with Agile and DevOps
– Track record with cloud solutions using Azure, AWS, or GCP
– TOGAF certification or equivalent
– Maths, Physics, Computer Science, or similar degree
Some short trips to Europe may be required for customer meetings.
We celebrate and reward our colleagues through a variety of methods, and we promote the health and well-being of our members through a range of programs and activities. We are also committed to ensuring a safe work environment through the prevention of harmful workplace incidents including physical harm, harassment and violence.
Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.