Do you believe that data holds the key to success? Are you a master in the art of data architecture? Can you help deliver enterprise wide data transformation? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Data Architect, you will create and maintain a data architecture that meets regulatory and compliance requirements for Metro Bank, whilst enabling us to manage data in line with architecture principles. You will efficiently design data structures and models that your colleagues across the Bank can own, in a way that meets business needs and allows us to continue to surprise and delight our customers.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working.
So what would you be doing?
• Supporting the Head of Data in developing and maintaining data architecture strategy and roadmaps
• Understanding business requirements and drivers in order to establish the logical data definitions
• Helping to deliver enterprise wide data transformation
• Working closely with colleagues to understand and deliver the agreed strategic outcomes for data architecture
• Creating data models to solve specific problems or new initiatives, as well as creating and maintaining the enterprise data dictionary
• Acting as a data architecture design authority to make sure that all data models are fit for purpose, implementable, complete and meet the current and future needs of architecture
• Providing feedback regarding methodologies, standards and leading practices
• Supporting the creation and maintenance of the enterprise data dictionary
• Enforcing adherence to architectural standards/principles, product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
You need to be this kind of person
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• A strong background in data architecture, data modelling and data definition and currently be working in a similar role, in a forward thinking and fast paced business
• Extensive experience of delivering flexible, reliable, supportable logical and physical data models, for an enterprise that supports internal and external systems
• Already have a good understanding of industry standards and best practice techniques to build and maintain data models, along with knowing the advantages and disadvantages of enterprise data models
• Excellent at working with complex data structures and data models to recommend key business focused data architecture, and able to simplifying complex messages
• Able to take accountability and be credible, with a proven capability to drive, govern and support implementation
• Ideally, you will have relevant Microsoft and ITIL qualifications
Important Footnote Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates Good luck!