Director, Global City Solutions London , United Kingdom Apply Now
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion () for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Global City Solutions
The Global Cities team leverages Mastercard’s core strengths to unlock more possibilities for people and businesses by helping city leaders improve efficiency, promote economic growth and ensure inclusion. We’re achieving this through powerful partnerships, innovative technology, and critical insights.
As Director, City Solutions you are responsible for supporting the services, products, and technologies that help local governments address urban challenges. Specifically, you will be responsible for managing both the development and go-to-market strategies of these solutions with a variety of cross-functional partners, internally and externally.
As the needs of our partner cities continually evolve, so do our solutions. In this role you will be on the front line of new ideas and innovations as we rise to the challenges brought forth by the cities we partner with around the word. This may include, but is not limited to, developing and going to market with solutions that cover:
• Issuance (G2C)- Identifying emerging use cases and developing new business, including City Key expansion with new technologies and segments;
• Acceptance (C2G)- Working with IT solution providers to increase payment acceptance at local government digital channels
• Procurement (G2B)- Working with commercial payment ecosystem partners to increase G2B payment flows
• Working with new and ERP/digital partners to expand our co-developed solutions that embed payments
• Developing and executing account plans to manage our payment ecosystem partners
Key to the role will be your ability to leverage your existing payment technologies and absorb new emerging ones quickly, apply these learnings new environments, problem solve and demonstrate strong presentation and project management skills as you work cross functionally to develop, prosecute and oversee City solutions.
• Business Requirements and Solutioning: Liaise with local governments and ecosystem payment and digital partners to understand challenges and translate into value propositions and business requirements
• Customer Experience Design: Advocate for the resident/city/customer in every aspect of solutioning with a view to seamless delivery digital, and greater inclusion
• Solutions Development: Work cross functionally to identify appropriate assets (internal and external) to meet local government needs including: formulating cross functional teams, creating delivery models (platforms, servicing, pricing), developing detailed plans and timelines, preparing for Steer Co/Studio milestones, and raising budget asks
• Implementation & Vendor Management: Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external vendors that provide required services and technologies (in conjunction with internal business owners) including, communicating business requirements, contracting, and regularly monitoring and managing service delivery. These vendors may include (but are excluded to) data partners, prepaid program managers, loyalty providers, tech integration partners
• Managing KPIs, Performance and Budget: Work with cross-functional partners and finance to determine impact of solutions; provide updates to Senior Management
All About You:
• You are a collaborator and a problem solver, and you are enthusiastic about creating meaningful, market differentiated value propositions
• You have strong presentation skills (both written including PowerPoint and verbal) and you are able to manage and oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
• You are self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating within a cross functional team environment
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment
• You have previous experience in financial services (digital an asset) with an understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends; international market knowledge/experience a plus
• You bring knowledge and understanding of the broader payments ecosystem
• Experience with local governments is an asset
• You are willing to travel
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.