Location London Job Function Data Science Manager Posted 05 July 2022 Employment Type Permanent
Ki is the largest InsurTech you’ve never heard of – we’re building technology to revolutionise how the world’s most complex assets are insured.
Purpose of the job:
Build and enhancement of the suite of machine learning algorithms that underpin Ki’s digital underwriting and portfolio management capabilities, as an individual contributor and through others you manage.
• Work with the Portfolio Management data scientists, actuaries and algorithm engineers to maintain and develop a production grade underwriting algorithm for Ki.
• Continually assess the current machine learning models and approaches underpinning the Ki algorithm and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Manage the relationship with our academic partners and other third parties to ensure we are constantly challenging ourselves to explore emerging machine learning approaches and technologies.
• Own and develop aspects of our data science methodology and work with our Algorithm Engineers to enable us to deliver machine learning models at scale
• People management of multiple data scientists in the team, supporting their talent development in a matrix/squad based operating model
• Responsible for identifying and developing the skills/capability the discipline needs to meet the Ki business requirements including talent recruitment, retention and development
• Responsible for creating and maintaining the Ki culture within the Data Science community
• Act as a knowledge hub within the data science community with deep understanding of one of Ki’s divisions of business
• Ensure that, as the data science capability within Ki, we are constantly commercially minded when applying machine learning to the industry we operate in.
Please ensure you have read the applicant privacy notice before you submit an application.
Taking care of our teams
We’re proud of the benefits we offer but there are many more reasons to join us:
We’re inclusive and we welcome everyone wholeheartedly We care deeply about your health and wellbeing We’ll give you every opportunity to flourish We care about doing the right thing for people and our environment We’re writing the future through fairness, innovation and collaboration We have a strong heritage and excellent reputation
Inclusion & Diversity
Everyone is welcome
Our people are valued for the unique perspective they bring to our business, no matter their age, race, religion or background. It’s about doing our best work; our passion and dedication.
Find out more about our vision for inclusion and diversity at Brit, hear it in the words of our people and take a look at the organisations we’re partnering with.