DGH Recruitment Ltd.
A successful international organisation is transforming its approach to new technology adoption. We are building a global Cloud Centre of Excellence to accelerate and optimise our use of cloud services.
We are seeking a Cloud Solutions Designer to become a founding member of our team. As a passionate cloud advocate, you will use your Azure expertise to develop and establish global best practices.
You will advise on approaches to improve all aspects of cloud solutions, from performing risk assessments of proposed and existing system architecture to defining roadmaps, blueprints and controls. You will be a key member of the team designing cloud platforms that are fit-for-purpose, aligning with industry best practices and the company’s Digital Strategy.
* Develop and review technical architecture and design and recommend Azure best practices across multiple platforms.
* Implementation and delivery of Microsoft Azure projects.
* Provide effective knowledge transfer and upskilling to ensure an appropriate level of future self-sufficiency.
* Assessment of on-premises infrastructure landscape, application rationalization and recommend strategy, roadmap and structured plan for migration to Azure.
* Assist in service transition to internal and/or Managed Services teams.
* Be hands on when required with cloud enablement projects, understand what good looks like and see the bigger picture, taking architecture, security, service and delivery into consideration
* Effectively present public and hybrid cloud-based architectural design concepts and solutions to all levels in the organization.
* Identify alternatives, pros, and cons, and make recommendations.
* Anticipate when the architectural change will be needed and prepare the organization for a successful transition.
* Build public and hybrid cloud-based optimized reference applications, elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns.
* Participate in the design of service automation and orchestration in cloud towards Infrastructure-as-code.
* Obtain and process requirements in order to transform application delivery for cloud in an agile fashion
* Active driver for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery applications
* Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
* Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining projects during the transition to production.
* Active involvement and advocacy of the firm’s evolution towards DevSecOps and Agile Transformation Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Direct experience of enterprise level high availability solution shaping and Microsoft Azure Cloud architecture development including excellent documentation skills.
* Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
* Microsoft Azure Platform As A Service ( PaaS ) products such as Azure SQL, AppServices, Logic Apps, Functions and other Serverless services
* Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such including Azure AD and AD B2C
* Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools, including Azure Monitor, App Insights and Log Analytics
* Knowledge of PowerShell, Git, Bicep, ARM templates and deployment automation. Recent hands-on experience with DevOps toolset
* Experienced in the design and delivery of enterprise level Highly Available solutions.
* Experience of setting up, deploying and managing multiple environments to support agile development approaches.
* Possession of either the Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions and Architecting Microsoft Azure certifications.
* Understanding of coding best practices and modern architectural patterns, including micro services and message-driven architectures Design cloud security architectures and perform architecture design reviews
* Building, Supporting and Maintaining Azure Environments
* Knowledge of migration assessment tooling & techniques, application rationalisation and migration strategy’s.
* Root cause analysis and improvement solutions
* Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to simply and clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
* Able to work in teams remotely in a global context
* Able to learn and understand current business processes and help to model new processes/procedures.
* Excellent prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to work across a number of major projects simultaneously.
* Uses initiative – ‘can do’ approach.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Achieved or working towards Microsoft Advanced/Expert-level certifications eg Solutions Architect Expert, Devops Engineer Expert
* Experience of Enterprise Architecture and Service Management frameworks
In accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, this position is advertised based upon DGH Recruitment Limited having first sought approval of its client to find candidates for this position.
DGH Recruitment Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business