Are you an advocate at solving problem on AWS? Do you love working with cloud technologies? Can you help colleagues resolve critical IT issues? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Cloud Service Operations Engineer, you will be working as part of the Cloud Service Operations team and running the Metro Bank production Cloud environment troubleshooting and solving technical issues working in a highly automated cloud environment.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working.
So what would you be doing?
• Operating the Metro Bank AWS Cloud environments
• Responding to alerts and events ensuring that the environment remains fully functional
• Building the Cloud Service Operations processes and procedures and act as the subject matter expert for cloud operational issues
• Running the AWS service environments with hands on management of incidents and issues or escalating to the SRE team
• Building strong relationships with the business and key IT stakeholders especially the other Cloud Service functions and delivery functions in order to closely align short and long term technology plans
You need to be this kind of person
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Previous experience of operating AWS Cloud environments ideally in a financial services or regulated environment
• Technical skills in troubleshooting day to day issues in an enterprise cloud environment and working with non-cloud platforms where integrated to ensure collaboration across all support teams.
• A solid understanding of Operating System administration and architecture (Linux/Windows)
• Experience of Networking (TCP/IP protocols and network fundamentals)
• Programming/scripting skills e.g. PowerShell/Python
• An understanding of automation and cloud technologies including but not limited to: Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, Datadog
• Strong Cloud service management skills – specifically ITIL, AWS
• An understanding of all areas of Cloud, best practices and emerging technologies
• The ability to create service documentation for cloud technologies from scratch
• A proven understanding of monitoring and event management and associated playbooks within AWS
• An understanding of problem and change management within automated CICD environments
• Patching and management of cloud systems
• Understanding and experience of agile and Devops processes and tooling as well as operational support processes and tooling
• Understanding of cloud scripting for a variety of cloud models (e.g. IaaS, PaaS, microservices)
Important Footnote Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates Good luck!