Salary 90,000 – 120,000 GBP per year
– • Java Chapter Leads are technology & engineering experts recognised as such by their peers and others in the industry in their chosen fields and platforms
• Expert knowledge in the technology and engineering best practices in Java technology
• Java Chapter Leader will be a master of Java and Digital technology
• Knowledge and experience in the use of tools such as: Jira, Confluence, Engineering development tools etc
• Experience of working in an Agile work environment
– • Assisting engineers within the Chapter with building the features that are linked to outcomes for a given value stream. Using their knowledge to assist and lead the team to ensure technical excellence is delivered
• Setting and defining standards and best practice along with implementing improvements to tooling
• Monitoring the platform across value streams and ensure platform capabilities are developed on in a consistent and coordinated approach.
• Building up the right Java capabilities in people within the chapter, equipping them with the skills, tools, and standard approaches to deliver technical excellence
• Monitoring the level of technical debt within the platform and ensure this is well documented, encouraging solutions to be developed that minimizes the impact to technical debt accumulation
• Work with third party providers where necessary offering direction, support and documentation
• Creating business cases for when and why platforms need upgrading and present these to ELT when necessary in an articulate manner for an audience that may not be technical
• Providing effective performance management processes and mechanisms for those within the chapter and measuring performance and improvement.
• Providing an inclusive environment where Chapter members have freedom and safety to innovate, experiment, and learn from failure
• Providing open and effective communication channels leading to greater knowledge transfer within the Java Chapter
• Establishing a knowledge sharing community, where technical knowledge of the platform or other technical practices are shared, and will encourage individuals within the chapter to share their knowledge
• Any other task that reasonably falls within this roles remit
We do banking differently.
We believe that people come first, and that everyone deserves a great experience every step of the way – whether it’s face to face, through our telephony service, online, or on our app. We’ve built a different kind of high street bank. A bank with stores that are open when it suits you, 7 days a week. A bank where you can walk in without an appointment and walk out with a working account, debit card and all. A bank that tells you exactly what you’re getting, in language that actually makes sense. A bank that puts you first.
Our IT function is integral in delivering systems, workflows and software across all parts of the Bank. Whichever part of the lifecycle this role belongs to, building or maintaining the solutions, you will find it plays a key contribution in enabling us to continue creating fans.
Most of our jobs offer the opportunity for hybrid / remote working. Ask your recruiter for more details.