KHIPU Networks Ltd
KHIPU Networks Ltd have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice/Junior Security Analyst to join their team.
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
KHIPU Networks is an award winning company and one of the UK’s & South Africa s leading advanced system integrators, one of a very small number of companies who have the technical expertise and products to respond to the commercial and business challenges of customers. KHIPU Networks main focus is Cyber Security, which is implied in all of our innovative and often unique leading solutions which meet the common and specialist requirements of customers.
Our ethos has always been to work in partnership with customers, to understand their environments and challenges so that we can design and deploy ‘best of breed solutions that enable them to meet their strategic goals. We are by Royal Appointment to His Majesty the King, Network Security Provider and hold the highest certifications for the solutions we deliver.
At KHIPU, we believe in an open, transparent working environment that encourages creativity and collaboration, with colleagues and customers, this makes us so effective at what we do.
Apprentice/Junior Security Analyst The Role:
We are currently seeking motivated, innovative, and dedicated Junior Security Analysts to join our team in Fleet UK to ensure the growth and development of our Cybersecurity Services Team.
Each day offers a new challenge and learning opportunity. In return, we offer development and training, all within a modern technical working environment. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your cybersecurity career further.
Apprentice/Junior Security Analyst Key Responsibilities:
– Conduct or assist with security assessments and risk analyses to identify potential security threats and vulnerabilities, and security weaknesses
– Conduct phishing simulations
– Create detailed reports, including findings and recommendations
– Collaborate with senior analysts and team members to seek guidance and assistance
– Follow established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
– Ensure consistency in running assessments and reporting
– Become proficient in using specific security tooling
– Learn to navigate and operate security consoles and dashboards effectively
– Stay informed about the latest cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, and attack techniques
– Participate in training and skill development programs to enhance knowledge and expertise
– Continuously improve technical and analytical skills through self-study, training, and mentorship from senior analysts
– Maintain clear and effective communication with team members, stakeholders, and other departments
– Document lessons learned from assignments and share insights with the team to enhance incident response capabilities
– Be adaptable and ready to learn and grow within the team
Apprentice/Junior Security Analyst About You & Skills Required:
– Graduated with a 2:1 or a 1st in a technical subject, Good A-levels or equivalent
– Good time management skills, including the ability to effectively organise and prioritise your own work in order to meet objectives
– Very good written and verbal communication skills
– Excellent communication and teamwork skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
– Self-motivated and eager to learn, with a passion for cybersecurity and a commitment to staying updated with the latest trends and developments
– Willingness to work as part of a global team, both internally and via 3rd parties
– Preferred technology experience: IDS/IPS, vulnerability scanning tools, web application penetration testing tools
– Knowledge of networking protocols, operating systems, and security technologies
– Basic familiarity with security tools such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, antivirus software, and vulnerability assessment tools
– Knowledge of ISO 27001, NCSC Cyber Assessment Framework, Cyber Essentials Plus, OWASP
– Detail-oriented, process-oriented and thorough
– Flexible and open to change and dynamic responsibilities
– Excellent IT literacy (hardware and software), a passion and curiosity for IT and cybersecurity topics, and the desire to learn and build their career with us
– Excellent problem-solving abilities; analysing issues and scanner reports, determining suitable solutions and recommendations
– Independent self-starter who meets deadlines without intensive supervision
Apprentice/Junior Security Analyst Benefits:
– A competitive salary
– Private Medical and Dental Cover
– Generous Employer Pension contributions
– Annual Leave Entitlement that increases with service
KHIPU Networks aim to provide equal opportunities, a flexible work-life balance and are constantly evolving to ensure continuous career development.
KHIPU Networks is based in Waterfront Business Park within 5 minutes walk of Fleet mainline station with direct links into London. There is also ample free parking available on site.
To submit your application for this exciting Apprentice/Junior Security Analyst opportunity, please click Apply now.