Team IT & Change
Location Holborn Office
County Central London
Ref # 18465
Closing Date 08-Feb-2023
Are you passionate about providing amazing support? Can you help support technical issues? Do you want to work for an innovative Bank who is changing the way we do things? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Application Support Analyst – Consumer Finance, you will be acting as the first line of support between the business issues and the rest of the IT team. The role will provide technical production support within the Metro Bank Internal IT Application Support team supporting the Consumer Finance application services.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working.
So what would you be doing?
• Providing first, second and third line technical support
• Supporting customers on application issues including questions and problems related to daily usage, configuration and reporting
• Providing exceptional customer support when communicating and assisting customers
• Supporting customers on technical issues including questions and problems related to hardware environment, systems integration and technical interfaces
• Responding to requests and enquiries from clients within the pre-determined timeframe of our service level agreement
• Identifying solutions to work around open issues / problems that are under investigation or pending resolution
• Monitoring and troubleshooting key banking applications
• Documenting procedures and ensuring current procedures are up to date
• Tracking case histories, issues, and actionable steps taken
You need to be this kind of person
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• It is essential you have application support and administration experience
• You will need strong troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities, including being able to interpret, understand, and troubleshoot internally developed systems
• You will require the ability to write SQL to obtain information from databases to understand the issue
• You must have knowledge base of Windows operating systems
• You will need SQL experience across various database implementations, including MSSQL
Important Footnote Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates Good luck!